Thursday, July 07, 2005

Virginia...the beginning

As an aerospace engineer, especially during times of financial consolidation (layoffs), it's hard to find jobs all over.

Back in my home city, we have two simulation companies. One bigger than the other. I worked for the smaller of the two and life was ok. The work was fun, but the boss was an extreme moron, I mean, he was a complete ass. (I'll save that for a later blog.)

After reductions in workforce (layoffs) for both companies back in the early 2000's, many of us were looking for new jobs.

During the layoff period, I found a few part time jobs to make a quarter of what I made normally. My wife even found a part time job ON TOP of her regular full-time job. She's the greatest. I felt like such a loser. After working non-stop with litte to no sleep during the holidays, I finally found a job with one of the competitors to my old company. Guess where they were located? Yep. You guessed it - Virginia
.

So, with less than a month to pack things up, I was on my way to Virginia
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home